Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

On a Roll

Today dawned bright and early and I found myself responding to the call to trust my body to that "Israelian Stallion", Gilad, and his trusty team of work-outers in outdated outfits.  I am certain Gilad is still buff, but would argue that it is a bit easier to remain a fitness legend when you have your shows from maybe the 80's and 90's replayed on television regularly.  However, I think this image is fairly current, and it seems to support his legendary buffness.  (My apologies if this is a copyright issue, click on the photo to see its original source.)


But of course, I needed to do something with my body this morning because our pot roast turned out perfectly!  Unbelievable.  Obviously Pioneer Woman is an excellent role model.  Imagine the possibilities for my life if I followed her example and moved the family to a ranch in the midwest.  No wait, then I would have to do barn chores and smell manure...that's not going to work out for me...  Anyway, since I was not organized enough to take a photo of my family's rapturous faces as they savored my pot roast, here is a picture of beef tenderloin from my friend Cynthia, who happens to be a caterer...  Catered food being one of the normal ways my family enjoys well-balanced, delicious meals.



I am a little worried that you all will think this is a cooking or exercise blog...  So you should know that there will be no cooking at my house today as the local burrito restaurant is hosting free kids meals night.  And there will be no exercising tomorrow as I have far too much to do.  My secret to balancing family and work?  Remain as flexible as possible and be prepared to compensate for change.  This secret works at least one-third of the time.

1 comment:

  1. Gilad? You get Gilad? Ah...such memories. We had such great times together on the beaches of Hawaii.
    Your employee friends at Moe's will be thrilled to see you.
    I think you are experiencing a subconscious return to your true pioneer roots. I love it...and you!

    ReplyDelete