Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Clear and Present Danger

That is so how homeschooling feels this morning.  My firstborn and I started on time, 9am on the dot.  But at 9:03, my handsome husband asked me to look at something for him.  At 9:35, my cute Katelyn decided to play piano.  At 9:15-10:05, my brawny Brady yelled (this happens to be his favorite new activity).  My family is really cutting into my blogging time about my family...



So the danger is that I may stab a pencil in my eye.  Not on purpose of course, but because I'm wildly flailing. 

Let me explain...  As you can tell, I love running my mouth, whether through the written or the spoken word.  This love does not go away when I get overwhelmed or grumpy.  Nope, the desire to run my mouth becomes stronger than ever.  And my sarcastic abilities can reach new levels...  As nutty as it sounds, it seems the harder I try to control my mouth, the harder it is to control other parts of my body.  Thus my tendency to flail...and why it is better for me to type than to use pencils.

In an effort to get back on schedule and bring my blood pressure down to normal, low levels, I leave you with a few calming photos as I pray "Please, God, make me a normal person..."




 

1 comment:

  1. Expressive, Emily, expressive..that's what you are. Sort of like me raising my voice slightly for emphasis. And, of course we have to gesticulate. It goes with the territory. As my red t-shirt so clearly articulates, "A little drama never hurt anyone." Anyway, I do hope you were able to complete today's homeschooling before 4:00. By the way, if anyone asks, you certainly seem "normal" to me.

    ReplyDelete